Pentax 645Z

tirediron said:
Replacing the beautiful, bright, sharp viewfinder of an MF body with an EVF would be a sin of the worst kind!

Ummmm, I'd have to respectfully disagree on that. It could help a lot on mirror slap I think. And I think it would make the camera more reliable, with fewer critical moving parts. If Pentax had more leaf shutter lenses, a mirrorless version of this with an EVF would probably actually boost the camera's actual, real-world imaging resolution in some situations. I can see that getting rid of that big, honking mirror could make this type of camera more reliable and quieter. And honestly, I don't really think of the viewfinders on 645 cameras as being big and "beautiful", really.

What is amazing on this camera is how astoundingly good the Sony sensor is at the higher values like 12k and 25k...it's really,really impressive. And the lower ISO settings, OMG...the video OTOH is dreadful...just oh-so-awful...
Am I the only one who really likes the weight and sound of all those big mechanics?

Do you want you cameras to have a zerk fitting and run on steam? ;)

I like camera sound if the camera is silent.

I like camera colors if the color is black.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back