Pentax 70mm Limited Just Came In!

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woo Hoo! The new to me 70 just came in :bouncingsmileys: All that other business crap can wait, gotta try this thing out

20170605_105943.jpg

shoot that was like three ago, geez.... must post renderings my good brother from another mother.... nothing better than a nice, clear focus zone for street.

@jcdeboever Can't believe it I just drove 20 miles one way, with camera in hand to shoot some urban scenes after I made a bank run. Finished up with business got to the site, pulled out the camera and no data cards:mad-new: Not a single card in the bag. I had pulled all them out yesterday to clean up the files, and in the excited rush to get out the door, walked right by them.

First I was so excited to try it out that I forgot the SD cards for the camera, and then the rain moved in again. So not much opportunity to get out. I'm really looking forward to learning everything I can about this lens.

The first one was shot at ISO 800, F/5.6, 1/200. Not a lot of adjustments, just the standard presets.

Misc06052017_376.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

This one was shot from the window of Suzuki because it was raining, so I was a good 8' away, making this an extreme crop. ISO 100, F/4.5, 1/200.

Misc06052017_367.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

It's a great lens!

@jcdeboever Can't believe it I just drove 20 miles one way, with camera in hand to shoot some urban scenes after I made a bank run. Finished up with business got to the site, pulled out the camera and no data cards:mad-new: Not a single card in the bag. I had pulled all them out yesterday to clean up the files, and in the excited rush to get out the door, walked right by them.

Been there, done that. I did that a week or two ago with a film camera. Left the tag in the film door so I thought there was film in it. It was a t zero, took a couple shots and the rewind lever wasn't spinning. Opened up the door, empty.

@jcdeboever My short term memory is horrible. Unless I lay things out beforehand it's a chore.

A handsome lens! No memory cards! Ahhhhh...been there a couple times. "Do'h!"

At least now-a-days you can usually find an OK card at the supermarket, in a pinch.

@Derrel Thanks. I really like the Rokinon 85, but I think I'm in love with the 70. A lot of what I read said it excelled in rendering true colors and so far that seems to be accurate.

@pez yeah, there was a store nearby that I could have bought another good card (can never have to many), but as luck would have it the rain started anyhow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back