Pentax K-1000

SlySniper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
elvir.bravehost.com
Hello!

Well, after about 2 weeks of searching for a good student camera for my photography class, I finally landed a deal! Or at least I think it's a good deal...

Here is the eBay auction I bought it from: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7573716426&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Most other ones were selling for over $120 without a flash.

I don't really have any pictures of it because it hasn't really arrived yet. LoL. But, as soon as it does, I show you some pictures of it.

Any comments about the price of it??

Thanks for reading!:thumbup:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Great deal dude!

That vivitar 283 is good! And the K1000 is also of course. I'd be happy to win that.

Excellent buy! Good for you, congrats! :wink:

not a bad price... Ive had to tear into those cameras many of times when i was a photo tech... there a nice learning camera and pretty durable. Ive had the shutter stick abit but the bottom comes off with afew screws and you can fiddle around with the sprockets inside and get it back to the norm with out much problem or many tools, just linning up teeth...
the flash isnt bad either, i have a similar one and have worked with those before. a good photographers flash... one thats going to be used.... you can also find nice quantum power packs and cords that adapt to the battery slots keeps you shooting longer...
good buy!

Lol999 said:
You got a bargain! In the UK the camera alone can fetch £100. Plus you can now pick up some cheap Pentax fit lenses to get going. Nice learning tool. I take it you decided against the Promaster?

Lol

Well, I was originally going to take the ProMaster and I was betting on it on eBay. It was only around $30 but someone outbid me at the LAST second and I lost it. I was really mad, but, life has to go on. And I saw this eBay auction and I was amazed and bought it immediately.

I had a K1000 and regret trading it in. Its really solid and mine went, literally, around the world with me, up mountains and glaciers. The only time I felt it was too solid was on my honeymoon, when I was helping my wife get up on a really steep hill in Edinburgh and it swung around on the stap and hit her in the head. You really know it when a K1000 hits you in the head (so she told me anyway...).

Interesting to see what price they go for now.

Hey guys!

Got some GREAT news! Instead of getting ONE camera, I got TWO!! WOOO!

First one is the Pentax K-1000. The second one is the Minolta SR-T 101.

Well, the Pentax we got off of eBay but the Minolta came from my uncle. We didn't even know he had one until we told him that we bought one of eBay. So, he said I could keep it because he has no use for it and I'm his only grandson.

Here are pictures of both cameras:

dsc006677fj.jpg

Minolta SR-T 101
dsc006704mr.jpg

Pentax K-1000
dsc006718ko.jpg

I also got a tripod, leather cases for each, flash, straps, and regular 50mm lenses.

Well, right now I prefer the Minolta over the Pentax for some reason. But I am unsure of which I will bring to photography class. Maybe I will sell one of them to a student who dosen't have one.

If any one wants more pictures, I'd be more than happy to shoot some more pictues.

I have the exact same Vivitar Flash!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D That is, the one on the Minolta because I just realized they're both Vivitar :p

Very cool! I want your cameras! Then I'll have 3 35mm, 1 med format (Holga) and my Digital Rebel next week!

Awsome buy!!!! I've got a few K1000's in my Pentax collection and both those flashes. The 2800 flash accompanies my Pentax ME all the time and Vivitar 283 is well known to be a great unit. It was so good that it is still sold today. Such a nice back to basics camera that brings out creativity without all the fuss. Enjoy!

All that good quality inexpensive K-mount manual lenses available used is a big plus too.

Matty-Bass said:
I have the exact same Vivitar Flash!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D That is, the one on the Minolta because I just realized they're both Vivitar :p

Very cool! I want your cameras! Then I'll have 3 35mm, 1 med format (Holga) and my Digital Rebel next week!

Cool. I guess the Vivitar flashes are very popular.

usayit said:
Awsome buy!!!! I've got a few K1000's in my Pentax collection and both those flashes. The 2800 flash accompanies my Pentax ME all the time and Vivitar 283 is well known to be a great unit. It was so good that it is still sold today. Such a nice back to basics camera that brings out creativity without all the fuss. Enjoy!

All that good quality inexpensive K-mount manual lenses available used is a big plus too.

Do you know if the Minolta takes K-mount lenses? If not, what kinds of lenses does the Minolta take?

Thanks

Most reactions

Back