Pentax K-3II

They removed the on board flash for GPS,Not a good move IMO,but agree there should be some good deals on a awesome. K-3

They removed the on board flash for GPS,Not a good move IMO,but agree there should be some good deals on a awesome. K-3

on board flash?!? wuh?
oooooohhhhhh, you mean the hot-shoe blocker.
yea, its about time they got rid of that thing. never understood the point of it anyway, popping up and stopping me from putting my flash on.

On-board flash can also be a remote flash commander/slave triggering flash/on-axis fill light and of course, a distress signal! But seriously...removing the flash is one of those good idea/bad idea deals. I don't know...I think in this case it was the right move. I read a short article on the new K3-II, sounds like it ought to be a competent camera.

on board flash?!? wuh?
oooooohhhhhh, you mean the hot-shoe blocker.
yea, its about time they got rid of that thing. never understood the point of it anyway, popping up and stopping me from putting my flash on.
My K-3 flash does not pop up automatic you have to push a button and in a pinch its handy.GPS,I could careless about,its just a battery resource hog if left on.Wifi I could see but not for GPS.

My K-3ii arrived yesterday ... I'm shooting a boxing event on Saturday so it'll get its trial by fire then. But for most purposes I think it'll be indistinguishable in use to the K-3 I'll still be using alongside it.

I don't think I've ever used the pop-up flash on my K-3.

Congrats! I use my pop-up occasionally for some quick fill-flash, but it's usually disappointing unless I wrap a napkin around it or something.

Sounds great but I will stick to my already fantastic K-3 its a robust Work horse.

I have no plans to replace my plain old awesome K-3, either. I guess if I really wanted my landscape shots to pop, maybe I'd go for the K-3ii, for the pixel shift.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back