Pentax K1000/50mm 1.7/Film... Pic heavy

Thanks.
There is an inherent problem with labs and b&w film. They tend to overdevelop film just to make sure there is something on it. So it was them doing post on scans and they caused what seems to be reticulation on whatever is that texture in the pics. It is very hard to cause reticulation with modern films, but happens. B&w film development is much more "organic" and always specific to the guy, who does it. :1247:
I will have to see if I inadvertently ran a script for sharpening. I may have done that not knowing or intentionally. Many times I will load a folder and batch sharpen them on export. I may have got distracted and done that. I will get back. It's never a strong sharpening but probably would be more aggressive on a scan vs DSLR image now that I think about it. I can see me doing that because I work in terminal mode more than start x (desktop). I bet I did it out of habit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Good eye @timor... I looked at the CD and compared them, then looked my script history and sure as *hit, I did it. However, they are not much different. It's a light sharpen. Pixel peep, its apparent though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
:allteeth: I wasn't looking for sharpening. It was byproduct of looking at strange texture of this pics.

Make me want to use my spotmatic. However I need to fix the sticky mirror first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back