Pentax K1000 Lenses

Kenosen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well Im getting into photography as well as a class at my High School. I bought a Pentax K1000 off of Ebay since thats the camera my friend let me borrow for my first time with SLR cameras. It seems to be a nice, stable camera but Im looking for diffrent lenses to allow me to take shots from a far distance, as well as pictures of fast pased sporting events and up close pictures to get me great detail.

I belive its a K mount type lens, not sure tho. Anyone think they can help me out?

You're right, the K1000 uses the K mount. Check the Ebay but don't buy into a no-name maker such as Albinar. Look for the Pentax brand lens or look into a Sigma, Tokina, Tamron. Anything 200mm or over should provide you with enough telephoto capacities and some of them come with macro.

Good luck.

K-mount lenses around 200mm are pretty easy to find, but you'll also need something with a fairly wide aperture if you want to take sport photos. Unfortunately longer lenses tend to also be slower lenses. Look for something marked around f/3.5 or lower (preferably lower).

Pentax SMC lenses are plentiful and priced great for any serious student. Don't forget that takumar/pentax screw mount lenses are also a great choice when paired with an adapter.

Thank you very much for your helpful replys and insights. Would an adapter be worth the extra few bucks?

Kenosen said:
Thank you very much for your helpful replys and insights. Would an adapter be worth the extra few bucks?

Yes, but try to get the one actually made by Pentax and not one of the cheap ones off Ebay. Some will work, some won't (mine is poorly machined, doesn't fit on properly and was missing the key required to take it off the camera again) and most will cut your hand up. So avoid them, and look for a genuine Pentax one cheap.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back