Pentax K10D

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. I finally have enough upcoming gigs/weddings/etc that would warrant (and also pay for) some upgrades to my current equipment. I have been picking up some nice pentax glass, enough so that I would now really hesitate to look into investing in another line.

So, I was thinking of using the DS as my backup and getting a k10d for my primary body. Those of you who have it, would you recommend the battery grip or no? I would really like one, but $150 seems steep for it. Also how good is the battery life? I was disappointed to see they got away from the ability to use AA or the CR V3's. How many shots can I expect to get from a charged battery.

Any other must have accessories for the k10d?

I don't have the K10d but I did get to play with one with the grip attached and it seemed to complement it well. As a general rule I would say go for the grip if possible; if not for the added battery power (it's not that hard to switch batteries) then for the better handling when shooting in vertical orientation - of course that's just personal preference and may not be an issue for you.

Most reactions

Back