Pentax Lens for Pentax K-50 16MP Digital SLR Camera with 3-Inch LCD

artcsara

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I currently have a grant up to try to get the Pentax K-50 16MP Digital SLR Camera with 3-Inch LCD for my high school students. Limeades for Learning

What would be the best lens to try to get first for this camera. Thanks so much!

50mm would be versatile. The DA 50 mm f1.8 goes for under $150. If you really want them to learn the basics well, get a manual lens (K or PK mount or a m42 screw mount with an adapter).

If you're looking for an affordable prime lens for your students, the new DA 35mm f2.4 would be an excellent choice. It's a little sharper than the DA 50 1.8, and is equivalent to 52mm in FF, so it would be a great "normal" lens. For a current production Pentax prime lens I know of no better value.

Thank you for your responses! Fingers crossed we get the grant and I can write a second one for the lens.

Personally, I'd opt for the 18-55mm WR kit lens. It offers the advantage of the varied focal length plus the WR feature that would be very handy in adverse weather conditions. Mine has proved to be quite sharp and I'm seldom without it in my travel kit.

Most reactions

Back