Pentax lenses

iNick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have a pentax *ist DL, shes a bit older but i love her. i have been shooting for almost a year and feel i have a petty good grasp on the basics of photography and want to start exploring more aspects of the craft. I know a good thing about pentax cameras is the older lenses work with the newer cameras, my question is what lens should i consider buying now? im in college and on a budget so im looking for something that won't kill me in price. Where can i find older pentax lenses? any help is much appreciated!

ps. im a sucker for macro so any cheeper/older macro lenses are right up my ally.

cheers!
-Nick:thumbup:

A lot of the older lenses will not auto focus but I'm not sure if that matters to you or not. Try looking on ebay, that's where I got a lot of my older lenses :) As long as the seller has good feedback then you shouldn't have a problem.

You do not say what lens you do have.

An adapter, M42 to PK can be bought on eBay for under $10 allowing you to use a lot of M42 lenses such as the Takumars. The Super-Takumar 55/1.8 is a nice sharp lens but likely duplicating what you already have.

appreciate the input, Ron, i currently use the kit lens that accompanied the camera.

so the macro adapters that come in a pack usually of 1x 4x 10x work well? i know its not like using a true macro lens but for $15-$20 is it worth it?

so the macro adapters that come in a pack usually of 1x 4x 10x work well? i know its not like using a true macro lens but for $15-$20 is it worth it?

I gave mine away, they are awful!

They don't magnify great and the IQ is TERRIBLE! You better off getting some extension tubes to put on your 18-55 :)

im unfamiliar with extension tubes. sounds a bit complicated

very interesting, i trust your guys judgment so i will look into them for sure. thanks

Good luck!! I look forward to seeing some shots :)

Most reactions

Back