Pentax Takumar 50mm/1.4 lens for M43...?

Minolta MC/MD mount lenses should be fairly cheap on eBay just because the mount is dead.
That's why adaptors are all the rage these days, and as a result people are still looking to buy old Minolta glass, dead mount or not. Supply and demand is keeping the value of Minolta glass alive. The only way to buy cheap Minolta glass is to do it from people who do not know what they are selling – but this is true not just for Minolta glass but for every brand of everything.

How does the Takumar 28 3.5 and 24 3.5 perform? I have the first, but haven't had a real chance to use it while the 24mm has water damage.

-Hunt

The Takumar 28 f3.5 is a sharp lens. Color balance is good, but a little undersaturated.

That's why adaptors are all the rage these days, and as a result people are still looking to buy old Minolta glass, dead mount or not. Supply and demand is keeping the value of Minolta glass alive. The only way to buy cheap Minolta glass is to do it from people who do not know what they are selling – but this is true not just for Minolta glass but for every brand of everything.

It all depends on the quality of the lens and how rare it is.

You can get classic glass and camera gear at good prices at camera shows, such as "photorama", website photorama.com. Picked up the EX+ MC 50/1.4 for $40, and one that needed fungus cleaned out for $15. The latter came out quite well, used a UV light after cleaning it out. These are typically dealers that know the stuff, have built up inventory over decades, and want a decent turn-over. Makes Ebay prices look crazy. Let everyone else get caught up in a bidding war, check out some camera shows, brick and mortar shops, and the camera forums. My Super-Tak 50/1.4 was picked up on a forum for $25 or so. Converted it to Leica M-Mount.

Pentax Super-Takumar 50/1.4, adapted to Leica M-Mount. Wide-open on the M8. This is the 7-element, single-coated version of the lens. Yellowing of the optics reduced using a UV lamp, left under for 48 hours.

Attachments

• $Pentax_on_Leica2.jpg
    $Pentax_on_Leica2.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 203
  • $L1012229.jpg
    $L1012229.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 199
  • $L1012216.jpg
    $L1012216.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 285
  • $L1012210.jpg
    $L1012210.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 208
  • $L1012204.jpg
    $L1012204.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 306
Thanks all those who answered to this thread. I didn't end up buying a legacy but certainly benefited from your discussion.

The Takumar 28 f3.5 is a sharp lens. Color balance is good, but a little undersaturated.

I would have to agree. I have it and used it this past weekend on my birthday. It performed really well, better than I thought. The mailing system lost my Takumar 24 3.5 lens. :sad anim:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back