Pentax threads on K200D

dportal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello there everyone,
I'm considering getting a K200D pentax. I read that it supports (without adapter) KAF2 thread lenses. The thing is that I have a pentax lens from 2001 (pre-DSLR). It's the kind that have a red dot that ou have to align to get in. Is it a KAF2? do I need an adapter to use it on the K200D?
thanks a lot!!
d

I don't "think" you'd need to use an adapter for that new of a lens, but I also know nothing about Pentax lenses. If you don't hear from one of the Pentax guys here, bump this thread in another day or so, or hit up Google. i'm sure there's some sort of compatibility guide out there. :)

As long as it's a K-mount, it should work; albeit probably with limited functions.

Should work with K-mounts... If it is a Pentax-A, then aperture can be controlled by the camera (stops down automatically). If it is a Pentax-M then, then the aperture will have to be controlled by the aperture ring and you'll have to use stop-down metering.

Only the m42 screwmounts need an adapter.

Have a look here for a lot of information about Pentax K-mount and compatibilities between different versions.

Most reactions

Back