people and bum

is it possible to see the un-cropped version of the soup eater?

No, but here's another of the same guy with a little more content to it.

BKK2_00455bwunseen2.jpg

This was taken at a local mission for their Thanksgiving dinner. It was a very touching shoot. To see that many without anything.

Michael

69260011.jpg

i agree, although the crop does bring out the subject better, it's not a better version of the original.

back to the drawing board :)

In a way, it depends what the photo is about. If shooting a portrait of a homeless person, we would obviously get rid of the extraneous background to focus on the person. But this crop doesn't work very well as a portrait. It works better as a statement on homelessness, imho.

This last might profit from a crop to get the main point of focus off the dead center.

I agree with the positioning of the main person in your crop. However what I would really have preferred is that person in the spot where you put him but with the same amount of background as in the original to really show how busy the place is.

interesting concept, however it looks a little soft to me

Does that mean that you don't like it but you would like it if it was 'sharper.'
Telling me what you see is a technical difference from perfection doesn't help me at all.
If the picture works for you, then it works.
If it fails then the reason may be its technical inadequacies but technique is only one part of a picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back