People from Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Wiltshire

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And possibly Hampshire at a push :lol:

On Sunday May 6th its the Abingdon Airfayre http://www.abingdonfayre.com/

Planes, old cars, lots of odd people (well I'll be there)

Anyone up for a mini meetup??

And what about people from Bedfordshire? :p

I know you like planes and stuff so there's this as well. My local area for one of my car clubs organises an event at Duxford each year. You pay to see the old Triumph cars and also get entry to the plane museum. This year it's also got hotrods or something at the same time as the Triumph show.

Nothing has been publicised yet (dates, prices etc) but when it is I can post them up if you're interested. It'd probably be around a tenner and in September, so not a bad price (cheaper than the museum on a normal day?).

Bought my tickets today - the whole family are coming, think the wife has got a taste for aeroplanes

Ferny, let us know about the Duxford thing - I know I'm going to Budapest in September sometime, so as long as it doesn't clash, I'm up for it - be good to see you at Abingdon as well if you can make it.

Comfirmed so far....

Flying
Supermarine Spitfire PR.XI
Messerscmitt Bf108 Taifun
Hawker Hunter T7
BAC Jet Provost T3
Percival Pembroke C1
Walter Extra EA300L
BAE Systems Hawk T1
Shorts Tucano T1
Grob Tutor T1
Silver Stars Parachute Display Team

Static
Westland Merlin HM1
Sikorsky UH-60A Blackhawk

Someone say Duxford? I went there in Early Jan to test out the new XTi. We got there late so by the time I saw this it was closing and I wasn't able to ask what the story was.

duxford.jpg

Denny Dobson is also flying so it should be a good day :)

from last years show
yh3zz1.jpg

(F) means flying

Royal Air Force

BAE Systems Hawk T1 (F)
Shorts Tucano T1 (F)
Grob Tutor T1 (F)
Westland Merlin HC3 (F)
Boeing Chinook HC2 (F)
Westland Puma HC1
Grob Vigilant x 2

Royal Navy
Westland Merlin HM1
Westland Lynx HAS3

British Army/Army Air Corps
Silver Stars Parachute Display Team (F)
Blue Eagles - Westland Lynx AH7 + Westland Gazelle AH1 x 4 (F)

Polish Navy
PZL M-28MR Bryza

Warbirds
Supermarine Spitfire PR.XI (F)
Messerscmitt Bf108 Taifun (F)
Douglas C47 Dakota

Classic Jets and Cold War Types
Hawker Hunter T7 (F)
BAC Jet Provost T3 (F)
Percival Pembroke C1 (F)
BAC Jet Provost T5
Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer
De Havilland Dove
De Havilland Canada Chipmunk T10
BAC Strikemaster

Civilian
Piper Dakota
Walter Extra EA300L (F) Denny Dobson Airshows
De Havilland Hornet Moth
Rearwin Cloudster
Austers
FlyCB EV-97 Eurostar
MBB/Eurocopter Bo105 Thames Valley Air Ambulence

and if cars are your thing...

from the Abingdon air & country show site

With vintage and classic vehicles of all types attending we hope to have a bumper selection in 2007 ranging from steam engines, classic cars, police cars (perhaps a police box - more familiar to the current generation as the model for Dr. Who's TARDIS!), buses, ex-military vehicles and much more! The Abingdon MG Car Works Centre will again join us after their successful attendance in 2006. In light of their 25th anniversary, it is hoped twice as many MGs - ranging from the early versions to the works competition cars - will be on show.
As well as the classics on show there'll be chances for kids to try their hand at go-karting and arena demonstrations of some of the vintage vehicles... and we'll have a 1968 Abbott Self propelled gun giving rides to those who want a bit of experience driving around in a tank

As Press/Publicity Officer for the Abingdon Air & Country Show(...& a newbie to this forum),I'd just like to point out that with 2 weeks to go till our event advance tickets are still available from our web-site www.abingdonfayre.com or if you live in/near Abingdon why not pop into the Abingdon Information Office in the Abbey Hall,Abingdon or Dawsons Music Shop,Abingdon.
Last day for ordering is Thursday 26th April.

However.....
our Publicity Stall will be at the Clarendon Centre,Oxford on Saturday 28th April and advacne tickets will be available to purchase then as well

cheers
Colin

As Press/Publicity Officer for the Abingdon Air & Country Show(...& a newbie to this forum),I'd just like to point out that with 2 weeks to go till our event advance tickets are still available from our web-site www.abingdonfayre.com or if you live in/near Abingdon why not pop into the Abingdon Information Office in the Abbey Hall,Abingdon or Dawsons Music Shop,Abingdon.
Last day for ordering is Thursday 26th April.

However.....
our Publicity Stall will be at the Clarendon Centre,Oxford on Saturday 28th April and advacne tickets will be available to purchase then as well

cheers
Colin

Hi Colin, You going to get us some press passes then?

Gotta ask haven't you :mrgreen:

Who's actually coming to this? just over a week away now....

Most reactions

Back