people of dc's folklife festival

i hate that you feel like people are cliquish, erniehatt....when i first joined, i wanted to get to know these people..and after a while, you read their replies, and you get the idea of their personality....its not an exclusive clique..they let ALL in...even me.(sometimes....!!) all you have to do is be open minded, and realize most of these guys are brilliant.....they just have a knack that alot of us are not born with...and a talent that comes from within...but all are willing to take time out to assist anyone who asks, and they help you without reservations of who or where you are...and you will, after a few more readings, be in on some of the jokes, or the challenges that jonmikal or others put out... its all in fun..and its never secretive...it can be very entertaining...and for ones like me that like to look, but dont post alot...you can get pulled in to look for crows... or sunsets....and i am guilty of checking out the "friends" and if there is time, i look at the others...but its not an intentional ignoring.. its a "way to busy of a life" thing.... my bad, there!! (sorry for the sermon...just wanting to help...)

linda, i wanted to post so you wouldnt think you ended it..but jonmikal jumped in to save you...(your hero!!! ) and are you gonna post some more series?? i love your natural family life pics... you always make me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy...(ok, make up your own jokes, here.....)

erniehatt...I have been on this forum since Dec2003, a lot longer then most of the current people posting, and have seen photographers come and go. I joined this forum cause I saw some really good stuff,and figured I could learn a lot. And even now, I will look for certain posts, mostly because of the reputation these people have gained and deserve. Some of the work is brilliant,and I dont know of anybody here who would not share their knowledge. Everything I know about photography, I have learned from the people on this forum, and looking at other photographs that have been posted here. I felt really intimidated at first, and was afraid to ask questions, but found everybody helpful, and willing to give up information. This forum has a mix of beginners to pro, and that is hard to find, but please dont let the number of posts and replies get you down. Everybody here is the same...we just want to take a better picture and have fun.

Exceptionally good coverage on these JonMikal. Damn shame about the 1600 iso, I have done similar myself. These are all keepers in my books. I have had to view them several times, they are that good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back