People Photography! C&C please!

ClarkeSurrey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! This is my first post here on TPF. I just recently started teaching myself about photography. Most of what I've learned has been from online sources and some friends that are photographers. I'm trying to get better at portrait photography and trying out different styles. The first three were taken at sunset at a local park. The last one was at night with 2 speedlights. I'd love to get some feedback on some of my recent shots. No comment is too harsh! I'm here to learn and get better! Thanks in advance! :]

- Clarke

Camera: Canon t3i
Lens: 50mm prime 1.4

1. $image__050small.jpg f/4 1/180 flash fill with 1/4 CTO
2. $image__086small.jpgf/3.5 1/250 flash fill with 1/4 CTO
3. $image__145small.jpg f/2.8 1/125 flash fill with 1/4 CTO
4. $pic__236small.jpg f/8 1/250 flash key above to the right, flash on bg set right next to her/behind her pointed at steps.

Last edited:
Nice job on #1 with the lighting, being the sun is behind her. Only bummer is you cut her shoulder off, and that is generally a no-no.

These don't look too bad at all to me. I do feel like the coloring of them is a little lack luster though... no real pop. Good focus and lighting looks pretty good! I really need to start using some flash myself .

These don't look too bad at all to me. I do feel like the coloring of them is a little lack luster though... no real pop. Good focus and lighting looks pretty good! I really need to start using some flash myself .

Thank you for your comment! I think that the thumbnails on the post really destroyed the color in the shots, if you didn't click them to load the full preview, I highly recommend it. I do agree that they don't pop quite as much as I wish they did though. Thanks again!

Thank you for your comment! I think that the thumbnails on the post really destroyed the color in the shots, if you didn't click them to load the full preview, I highly recommend it. I do agree that they don't pop quite as much as I wish they did though. Thanks again!

I did click the full :)

Ahh, I do like that. Would you mind explaining briefly what you did? :)

I edit in LR5.. upped vibrance +29, clarity +5, highlights -17, shadows +10, whites +19 and changed your crop a tiny bit. I also did +2 on both the temp and tint sliders.

Most reactions

Back