Peregrine Falcon at the beach

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What lens did you use? I've been thinking of setting up somewhere around here butttttt I need something longer than 200mm. Hahaha.

There's a spot in Seymour/Newtown area that has bald eagles. I think they have them up your way too. Hard to get close though.

We have peregrines in Connecticut? Never knew...

Great pictures.

Excellent pictures! Thanks.

We had kestrels for a few years. The smallest raptor. Very acrobatic in flight.

Thanks everyone! I would love to find some eagles, maybe some day. I have a tamron 200 500 sp f5-6.3. It is a very overlooked lens and an incredible bargain in the used market. With the d300 it is a fantastic combo.

The state has been trying to restore the falcon population for awhile. Today was the first day I saw one up close. If your in ct and want to shoot shoreline birds drop me a line...

Great images - what more can I say. Thanks for sharing.

WesternGuy

Great images, and birds are certainly a tough subject. Your experience shows in the images...very cool.

Nice shots............
The Peregrine Falcon is the fastest animal on the planet. They dive at speeds of 200+ mph!
The only place I've seen one is at the zoo.

Thanks again! I am certainly glad it wasn't diving:). It was hard enough to track just flying. I think it may been a once in a lifetime experience, but I certainly hope not!

Most reactions

Back