Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Loch Fada and the Old Man of Storr at sunrise, taken on an exceptionally still morning during one of the Workshops I led on the Isle of Skye in Scotland last spring. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

SL2_0055.jpg

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

So peaceful Vieri, so still except for a couple of fish feeding, lovely layers of cloud, sunrise and reflections.

Thanks for sharing, your shots are photographic art. :encouragement:

Absolutely artistic! Well done.

Another beautiful shot! Are those boats actually tied to land or dock? Or did you secretly untie them and push them out when no one was around to get the shot? :eyebrows:

Loch Fada and the Old Man of Storr at sunrise, taken on an exceptionally still morning during one of the Workshops I led on the Isle of Skye in Scotland last spring. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

SL2_0055.jpg

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice that you could have them place the boats in exactly the right spot!

I went hiking there more than 10 years ago in late December. What a beautiful place. I did not have a good DSLR at the time but with its incredible beauty I was still able to get some great photos.

I always enjoy the scenes of it in the movie Prometheus. My wife is tired of hearing me say "I stood right there."

So peaceful Vieri, so still except for a couple of fish feeding, lovely layers of cloud, sunrise and reflections.

Thanks for sharing, your shots are photographic art. :encouragement:

Thank you very much indeed PJ for your comment, much appreciated :)

Absolutely artistic! Well done.

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Wow. Just like glass. Those boats are perfect additions too.

Thank you very much Dean! Yes, actually the boats "made" the shot for me - otherwise, it would have been just another reflection...!

Another beautiful shot! Are those boats actually tied to land or dock? Or did you secretly untie them and push them out when no one was around to get the shot? :eyebrows:

Thank you very much Brent, glad you liked it! :) The boats seemed to be untied, the loch is actually pretty small so they can't go far - however, they might have been tied with a very long rope which we can't see because is under the water - which, loch size aside, would make more sense to me...

Beautiful

Thank you very much! :)

Nice that you could have them place the boats in exactly the right spot!

I went hiking there more than 10 years ago in late December. What a beautiful place. I did not have a good DSLR at the time but with its incredible beauty I was still able to get some great photos.

I always enjoy the scenes of it in the movie Prometheus. My wife is tired of hearing me say "I stood right there."

Thank you! :) It actually took some wait for them to drift exactly where I wanted them - and some moving around, too - but I am quite pleased with how this turned out!

Best regards,

Vieri

It's not just composition. All your photographs have an extra dimension to them, a richness. Can you give us a hint? or is that a trade secret? :)
I'm developing a close relationship with my delete button. haha

It's not just composition. All your photographs have an extra dimension to them, a richness. Can you give us a hint? or is that a trade secret? :)
I'm developing a close relationship with my delete button. haha

Thank you very much! :) Well, for me everything starts with composition, without it an image has no grounds, no meaning. Often, I think that that is what adds a little Tri-D, a little depth to my photographs. Of course, I also try to make my post-processing going in that direction, and I am glad that the results worked out for you :) My workflow is actually not too complicated, I always aim for simplification and streamlining, this being my job paradoxically I might have less time to dedicate to image processing than most... I do as much as I can in Camera Raw, and add my finishing touches in PS CC (mostly levels, a little ColorEfex / SilverEfex). Oh, and I delete a lot, too! :D Hope this helps, and thanks again! Best regards,

Vieri

Thank you for your helpful and encouraging response. Always good to pick up help from a master.

Thank you for your helpful and encouraging response. Always good to pick up help from a master.

You are very welcome, and that's very kind of you - I consider myself a constant learner, and I love to share what little I know (have been teaching for about 25 years now!) :) Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

New Topics

Back