Perhaps I'm the only one

Thanks for the well thought out insightful troll post.

Yup. I'm the troll. I'm the one who started the thread bitching about how annoying all these "bokeh people" are.

Bokeh is one of those words that people like to use when they don't have anything better to say.
I prefer to use 'clock' as in 'this picture needs more clock' or 'this picture has a bit too much clock'.
It means I can make a comment that sounds deep and incisive when in fact I haven't even looked at the damned image.
If people stopped commenting on bokeh I think the resultant energy saving would solve global warming.

Friends don't let friends drink and post lol...

I don't know where my friends were last night.

Sounds like something I threw up on somebody during one of my drunken bar days, playing clubs. It is a stoopid word invented by a political religious retard. :lmao::lol::lmao:

I found it funny that in the Post Your Christmas Bokeh Pics thread some people would defocus their lens and call it bokeh without any subject in the frame.

Opps, coffee's kicking in..... gotta go bokeh one. :lmao:

How can you recognize a good photo from a **** photo?

You just know.

Awesome. Thanks for the well thought out insightful troll post.

At least I know how to draw attention to a thread now:thumbdown:

I should have known that a semi controversial topic would bring more attention than a thread involving a technique that most people here are incapable of achieving.
Nice! Way to get people on your side by calling an established member that most of us like and respect a troll! Fabulous! Especially considering that NOTHING in his post was troll-like... in my opinion. In his view, you look at it and it appeals to you or it doesn't. AKA: you just know.

In answer to your question, bokeh is subjective. What I might consider beautiful bokeh, another person may not like. BUT, as general rule, nicely rounded, soft specular highlights are considered to be nice bokeh. You can tell this without having an in focus subject in the photograph.

Edit: I just realized that I'm late to the party with my post... carry on...

Nice! Way to get people on your side by calling an established member that most of us like and respect a troll! Fabulous! Especially considering that NOTHING in his post was troll-like... in my opinion.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

Back