Perhaps the most important piece of hardware in a digital photographers arsenal,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digital CAMERA, not digital files....last try here.

It doesn't make the difference, color correction for digital images regardless of file format , ie JPEG, NEF, CR2, etc takes the same amount of time for me regardless of file size, resolution, or which camera it came from. Color correction in my workflow is the most time consuming process because it requires me to make the decision, not the computer.

So I dont' think you get it.

There is a lot more to editing than color grading frames. I do get it completely. I don't think you are talking about the kind of editing that I and a lot of photographers do. Evidently you do a lot less than could be done and I suppose for a wedding photographer that could work fine. A fine art photographer has a much more complex work flow than you do though.
Like you said on the umbrella removal, you don't do that kind of work. Yours are more of a document type photography like Victor Hasselblad liked evidently based on your comments. So you probably overbought when you built your system. This thread was more for photo editors than color graders (correcters) like you.
Thanks for taking the time to respond anyways even if it didn't fit the work you do on files.

Somebody must have tiny hands...

Oh no someone brought up fine art :eek: Since when does doing a bunch of editing makes your work "fine art"? :eek: Jose Villa is considered fine art and he doesn't over edit his work. Sue Bryce is considered fine art and her work flow is simple. A complex workflow doesn't make your work fine art. It makes you inefficient. LOL

Engagement session shot a while back and edited on even slower computer than my current one... :O

_NIK1143.jpg
_NIK1148.jpg
_NIK1073.jpg
_NIK1102.jpg

Last edited:
Sue Bryce is one person. That doesn't make her the norm. Lol
You don't need to over edit in order to do editing, don't you understand that?
No one said they over edit, in fact I doubt anyone does more editing than they need to do in order to realize their vision.
That was a ridiculous assumption and you know what happens when you assume.

Sue Bryce is one person. That doesn't make her the norm. Lol
So you're tell me that what you said is the norm? LOL

You don't need to over edit in order to do editing, don't you understand that?
Color correction is considered editing. That's exactly what I do as a full time professional photographer. So tell me what don't I understand? LOL

No one said they over edit, in fact I doubt anyone does more editing than they need to do in order to realize their vision.
Exactly what my work is, I don't need more editing than need to do in order to realize my vision. Thank you for confirming it. LOL

You sound someone who likes to over complicate things to make it more important than what it is. If I had a nickle for every time I see someone with this attitude when I was in IT, I would be a millionaire :D

Albert Klein... hmm...

Last edited:
So you're tell me that what you said is the norm? LOL
Nope. What I said is that a more efficient tool allows more efficient work and a faster computer will complete tasks faster.

Color correction is considered editing. That's exactly what I do as a full time professional photographer. So tell me what don't I understand? LOL

And you do a lot of over editing?

Exactly what my work is, I don't need more editing than need to do in order to realize my vision. Thank you for confirming it. LOL

I didn't say anyone needs to overedit anything. You were the one talking about overediting. ..

You sound someone who likes to over complicate things to make it more important than what it is. If I had a nickle for every time I see someone with this attitude when I was in IT, I would be a millionaire :D

How is asking what tools people use overcomplicating things?

How does saying a faster computer can perform functions faster make a computer more important than it is?

How does that even make sense to you?
You sound like someone without a real argument that just wants to argue.

You are arguing the case for a slower computer and not getting the best most efficient tools you can to do a job more efficiently and in less time. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Now back to the topic, does anyone else do any editing on a computer and if so, what are the specs?

Nope. What I said is that a more efficient tool allows more efficient work and a faster computer will complete tasks faster.

Nope. What you said is "Then buy some better tools and get quicker results". Efficient and quick are two different things.

When I feel like it. Show me some of your work.

I didn't say anyone needs to overedit anything. You were the one talking about overediting. ..

I only said Jose Villa doesn't over edit, never the need to over edit.. duh!

How does saying a faster computer can perform functions faster make a computer more important than it is?

You are arguing the case for a slower computer and not getting the best most efficient tools you can to do a job more efficiently and in less time. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

I'm not arguing for anything. I'm stating that that I don't need a fast computer to do what I do because I do what I do efficiently, even when I over edit. :D You're the one who's arguing that faster computer makes it everything better. LOL I still haven't seen your work so you have nothing to backup what you said, fine art and all. LOL Laughable.

Nope. What you said is "Then buy some better tools and get quicker results". Efficient and quick are two different things.

When I feel like it. Show me some of your work.

I only said Jose Villa doesn't over edit, never the need to over edit.. duh!

I'm not arguing for anything. I'm stating that that I don't need a fast computer to do what I do because I do what I do efficiently, even when I over edit. :D You're the one who's arguing that faster computer makes it everything better. LOL I still haven't seen your work so you have nothing to backup what you said, fine art and all. LOL Laughable.
Then why are you interested in a thread where people are talking about their computer specs anyway?
Moving on to people that are interested...thanks for stopping by.

AMD A10-6800K
Asus F2A85-M Mobo
8 GB Corsair Vengance LP 9-9-9-24
Asus Strix Nvidia Geforce GTX950
Corsair CX 500W PSU
Silversone Argon CPU cooler
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse
Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboard
Ben-Q XL2411Z 24" 144hz 1ms Gaming monitor

Built it myself, not currently overclocked (but normally is). Still in the process of upgrading it to an i5. I just overclock manually as I can push it a bit further than preset overclocks so I don't tend to bother with turbos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back