Perhaps the most important piece of hardware in a digital photographers arsenal,

Status
Not open for further replies.
the most important "hardware" to a photographer is

their brain

Without it, nothing else matters.
The brain is wetware, not hardware. Actually, there are automated remote cameras all over working just fine without a person anywhere near them doing great science and documentation every day.

full
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/17074538
Just as an experiment, remove the computer from your camera, or disable it by removing the batteries and see what your pictures look like then. :)

This thread wasn't meant to be a philosophical debate about the relative importance of one thing over another, it's a place to share information if you want to.
If you don't, great, let those that do want to do it in peace please. Be respectful of others here on the forum.

The camera has a computer in it. So he is using a computer, just not an external one. You really have no choice about using a computer for digital photography, sorry to say. Also, the printer has a type of computer in it as well.
Yes they both contain computers, but your whole thread is about the processing computer, which is fairly irrelevant.

FWIW what benefit is there in routinely using 100+ MP images? Yes it gives some extra cropping room but 50MP is comfortably enough for a 48 sheet bill board. I don't think you'll often be printing bigger than that :)

their brain

That's Wetware
Wetware is I believe a term coined for cyberpunk stories, before that if it was physical it was hardware & the non physical bits were software.

The camera has a computer in it. So he is using a computer, just not an external one. You really have no choice about using a computer for digital photography, sorry to say. Also, the printer has a type of computer in it as well.
Yes they both contain computers, but your whole thread is about the processing computer, which is fairly irrelevant.

Exactly @petrochemist

Al, just stop already LOL

Yet still no name or example of work.
I NEVER post ANY picture online that I want to keep the rights and idea for my own sales. Doing so would hinder my ability to sell the images myself and retain total control over their use, distribution and display. My photos are my livelihood. I don't share my SS number, my address, my bank account information or any personal information online. If you want to, you are free to do so, but nothing you say will convince me it is worth the risk and effort. Especially to prove myself to an online nobody that I have no interest in ever meeting.
But thanks for the thought. :)
The more you ask, the more I know you care. :icon_hug:

I even rubricated it for you to help you get the point.

I use a 27" iMac with whatever spec it has. I use Photoshop Elements for processing. I am very light in my processing - colour temp, black and white points, brightness is usually about all followed by cropping to the A format.

their brain

That's Wetware
Wetware is I believe a term coined for cyberpunk stories, before that if it was physical it was hardware & the non physical bits were software.
It was coined by Rudy Rucker, computer Scientist and Science Fiction Writer who also introduced cyberpunk, but the term predates that period and was carried over. So, you are close.

I use a 27" iMac with whatever spec it has. I use Photoshop Elements for processing. I am very light in my processing - colour temp, black and white points, brightness is usually about all followed by cropping to the A format.
Very nice, thank you for sharing. :)

Exactly @petrochemist

Al, just stop already LOL
Why do you call me Al, Dick? Assuming you are really Dick Blick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back