Perseids meteor shower

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My buddy and I visited one of his favourite abandonments in southeastern Manitoba to shoot the Perseids meteor shower last weekend. We thought the meteor shower was a bit of a letdown, with way less meteors than advertised, but it was still a fun photoshoot.

This is my favourite image of the night. The house was lit by the dim light coming from a lived-in house some 200-300 metres away (magnified by the 30-second exposure).

p631324394-4.jpg

Nice shot. I like that the house and the stars are part of the capture. At least you got to see them - we had nothing but cloud and storms with hail in my area - so no luck at all.

WesternGuy

Do you know that the meteor is pointing directly at the Andromeda galaxy? you know, the one that will merge with ours in about 4 billion years or so? And, just below Deneb, the star in the middle, upper section, you can see the North American nebula? Actually, I see a lot of things in your image that are not of this earth. Including the satellite (but it could be a plane) just above the trees. Very nice!

At least you got to see them - we had nothing but cloud and storms with hail in my area - so no luck at all.
It was overcast here too when I left home and the forecast wasn't very promising, but the gods smiled at us and the cloud cover disappeared by the time we got to our location.

Do you know that the meteor is pointing directly at the Andromeda galaxy? you know, the one that will merge with ours in about 4 billion years or so?
Yes. It's all part of the symbolism I loaded this image with :mrgreen:

Actually, I see a lot of things in your image that are not of this earth. Including the satellite (but it could be a plane) just above the trees.
I think that's a satellite... They're always there to ruin my night pictures :)

Thanks for your comments, guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back