Persistant little dust spots.

Thanks John, I have watched videos about the visible dust line and the wet line and the pentax lollipop thing. I will be going to the city on Wednesday and picking up some stuff. I just keep telling myself I can do eeeett. :)

I just pick up whatever cheap brand of 'sensor swabs' they have at the local camera store...and use the cleaning fluid that I bought in a sensor cleaning kit.

The recommended method is to put one drop of fluid on the swab, run it once over the sensor, flip the swab, then do one pass on the other side of the sensor. To be honest, I've done multiple wipes (after the first swipe didn't get it all) and it was fine.

The important part to keep in mind (since you're nervous about it) is that you aren't actually cleaning the sensor...you are just cleaning a small window/filter that is in front of the sensor. And all the delicate parts (mirror & shutter) are up and out of the way when in cleaning mode. Just make sure that you battery is charged up enough so that it doesn't die during the minute that you're cleaning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back