Personal Web Site Image Hosting???

CanonSnob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jadamphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone know where I can find HTML code to set up some sort of "photo bucket" type viewer for my customers to view their photos. Ideally, I'd also like for them to be able to add images to a shopping kart (choosing what size print, digital negative they want of that image) directly off of the viewer. Then have all that info emailed to me so I can process their order.

I am looking for something more along the lines of html code written into my own page so that I can host the images. I don't want to outsource to another site that my customers need to visit. I'd like to come off as more self-sufficient and professional.

You won't find an easy way to do it yourself... It's quite a bit more complicated than you're thinking. There are a number of systems out there that you can buy and then host on your site. Expect to pay a minimum of $200 for one of them. I don't see it as worth the headaches that are sure to follow.

But seriously, there is nothing unprofessional about using a third party host for ordering and payment processing. Think of any one of the premier wedding photographers - they're all using collages, pictage, etc. Simply out, you're a photographer - not a web designer.

There are two main ways of going about this. On site or off site.

As *Mike* mentioned, there are some great 'third party' or 'off site' hosts that where you can upload your images and have your client go there to view and order the photos.
As with anything, there is a range. You could probably set something up with Wal-mart, Costco or your local drug store lab. A higher end option would be something like Collages.net. Many of the better ones have a monthly or yearly fee...or even a pay per event fee. Some just take the orders, some will print and ship the orders, so you just sit back and collect the money...but they do take a cut.

If you want to go on-site...there are plenty of ways to set up galleries and a few different ways to have your clients make orders. One of the best that I have seen (I'm going to buy it this year) is Photocart. This is something that you load onto your web hosting/site and then you are in full control. You upload to create the galleries and the clients can view and order prints or products. You get the orders and fill them, without having to give up a cut of the profit.

^ read through the features on the Photocart program. That is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you Mike.

There are two main ways of going about this. On site or off site.

As *Mike* mentioned, there are some great 'third party' or 'off site' hosts that where you can upload your images and have your client go there to view and order the photos.
As with anything, there is a range. You could probably set something up with Wal-mart, Costco or your local drug store lab. A higher end option would be something like Collages.net. Many of the better ones have a monthly or yearly fee...or even a pay per event fee. Some just take the orders, some will print and ship the orders, so you just sit back and collect the money...but they do take a cut.

If you want to go on-site...there are plenty of ways to set up galleries and a few different ways to have your clients make orders. One of the best that I have seen (I'm going to buy it this year) is Photocart. This is something that you load onto your web hosting/site and then you are in full control. You upload to create the galleries and the clients can view and order prints or products. You get the orders and fill them, without having to give up a cut of the profit.

Like this one.

www.dustybootsphotography.com

This is the pro account on smugmug. It a work in progress but easy to put together.

Big Mike, you are the MAN! :hail: This program is AMAZING! It has everything I wanted and a billion other little nuances that are so handy. It's fluidity and capability are wonderful. Well worth the money. Plus to have it directly from my site is such a plus! no commissions to pay to a host. Exactly what I wanted and then a billion somes more. Thank you for the referral. :salute:

Check it out at:
http://www.jadamphotography.com/photocart

:wav:

Put in a good word for me, I'm planning on buying it this spring or summer.

Anyone know where I can find HTML code to set up some sort of "photo bucket" type viewer for my customers to view their photos. Ideally, I'd also like for them to be able to add images to a shopping kart (choosing what size print, digital negative they want of that image) directly off of the viewer. Then have all that info emailed to me so I can process their order.

Umm - plugins for website baker. You need a Linux/Unix based server to use Website Baker though, with Php and mySQL.

I use JAlbum http://jalbum.net/
It has a skin included that creates shopping carts that work with PayPal. Clients must have a PayPal account however. I strip the albums produced by JAlbum and plug-in the html to my site.
Example gallery on my site created with JAlbum, pasted into my html:
http://doublehmedia.com/modelling/modelling.html

example shopping cart created by the Chamelon skin which is included in JAlbum
http://doublehmedia.com/lancaster_county/index.html
I still have to integrate it into my site design.

Best part is JAlbum is FREE!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back