Pet Peaves

Calliope

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
JonMikal and I were discussing pet peeves the other night... out of curiosity, I think it would be interesting to hear what everyone's biggest annoyances are.

My biggest pet peeve is when someone doesn't follow through on what they say... in other words, unreliable people.

Hmm... well, for one, I can't stand loud eaters. I get so irritated when I'm stuck in the car or next to someone that just doesn't know how to keep their mastication to themselves. I'll get back to you later after I make a list... :lol:

Men driving and picking their noses drive me nuts! Also... Can I have more than one?...:)

People driving and talking on the cell phone is up there on my list.

Lol you must've read my mind. I was thinkin of makin this list on here today :lol:

Ppl who crunch the hell outta their food, man that sound is like fingernails down a chalkboard to me.

Threads such as 'No Word Association' and '(Insert # here) Word Story' threads. It was ok the first time around, for a short while, but they just keep being dragged up. We cant be that hard up for topics to chat about ?
BangHead.gif

( I might be the only one thats irked by those threads, thats just my personal peeve anyway ... ).

Instances where, for example, a show such as 'Cheaters' ( a show involving real couples who catch the other half cheating on them and confront them) being aired, followed immediantly by an ad for a dating agency specifically aimed at attached adults.They ask for ppl who are 'bored in their relationship' and want to find someone 'on the side'. After watching the heartbreak of someone catching their partner cheating on the show, I was flabbergasted by this ad's timing in most of its adbreaks. What THE ......?
A lot of our media and tv programmers, in this day and age, are just beyond comprehension to me :scratch: .
I would happily turn the tv off permanently but my b/f wouldnt do without it.

My girlfriend is fast becoming one of my pet peeves. grrrrr

Static electricity - hate it

False promises - "we'll give you job in 2-3 weeks"....3 weeks later "we're sorry, business is low and we've had to roll back shifts" GRRRR!!!!

Two faced people. Ones who tell you one thing and then tell other people something else. They don't realise that sometimes it finds its way of coming back to you and you end up knowing what type of person they really are. Although that's got a slight humorous edge to it as well.

Oh, and people who tell me what to think instead of telling me their opinion and letting me have mine. The ones who demand you see things their way.

people you cannot rely on, people who try to use you and treat you as somebody worst, small crying and shouting kiddos, ...well... I'll be back with my loooong list :)

Ads depicting children as being wise....man that is so old! Bar stool critics who are always putting others down and yet do nothing themselves to warrent any criticism. People who continually judge other people by their appearance or their first encounter. Jeeze I can go on and on.

spiralout said:
Hmm... well, for one, I can't stand loud eaters. I get so irritated when I'm stuck in the car or next to someone that just doesn't know how to keep their mastication to themselves. I'll get back to you later after I make a list... :lol:

i thought it was only me!

John E. said:
Ads depicting children as being wise....man that is so old! Bar stool critics who are always putting others down and yet do nothing themselves to warrent any criticism. People who continually judge other people by their appearance or their first encounter. Jeeze I can go on and on.

:lol: People like me with to many pet peeves :er:

Mine is Slow Update of Package Tracking Details...... I had to add this since I am currently tracking 4 Packings coming from different parts of the country... It just drives me nuts how slow the Tracking Updates are....

errrr :)

But thats what makes it like Christmas, waiting for some new toys to arrive!!

-iSellJerseyShore

Children who do not even attempt to put on their own shoes in the morning and sit there crying that they can't do it (without even attempting it).

Hey Ian, looks like you should get in contact with Luminosity there... looks like she could help you out with an agency. :mrgreen:

Annoying thing #1: Living 1700kms from my boyfriend.

Annoying thing #2: Really loud clicking thing my dad does with his tongue just after he sneezes. It's so loud and annoying.

Edit:
Annoying thing #3: Hitting "Send Quick Reply" about 500 times and cursing at the internet for not working. Going to the study to check the net connection on the main computer. Going to my sister's computer on the network to see if it's working. Then resetting the modem. Then re checking my connection.. then realising that the network cable fell out the back of the computer. D'oh!

Most reactions

Back