Pet photography help

Mango17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love animals and I love taking pictures. So naturally I love taking pictures of animals. I am by no means an expert. I want to learn more and more about being a pet/animal photographer and eventually start my own business. I have a nikon d40 with a 18-55mm lense. What would be better? Any more advice or suggestions? I need a lot of help.. Haha thanks in advance

Post some that you have taken, a 50mmF1.4 would be a good start the 50mmF1.8 will not auto focus on your camera

But, photographers got by just fine, before auto focus was invented and the 50 mm f/1.8 is Nikon's least expensive lens.

Plus, though you have to manually adjust the focus ring, the AF 50 mm f/1.8D sends distance information to the D40's computer and will light up the in-focus indicator in the viewfinder when focus has been achieved, so it's not totally manual.

But, photographers got by just fine, before auto focus was invented and the 50 mm f/1.8 is Nikon's least expensive lens.

Plus, though you have to manually adjust the focus ring, the AF 50 mm f/1.8D sends distance information to the D40's computer and will light up the in-focus indicator in the viewfinder when focus has been achieved, so it's not totally manual.

Yes i know but going by the beginners forum they can't get focus with an auto lens :lol:

Well I have taken two classes in film photography so manual wont be that difficult for me. thanks for the replies

I suggest you offer a travelling service. Nothing is as lame as the cookie-cutter style studio pics most places offer. Kittens + flower basket = puke. Pets are the most comfortable, and therefore natural, in familiar surroundings.

Most reactions

Back