Pet Portrait C & C...

Rosshole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
did some minor PP with curves. What would any of you do differently?

4547847429_3bbea8d557_b.jpg

Hmm, bring up the brightness just a little bit, is the sofa gray? The pillow is so funny and your dog is so cute, why so serious! :love: Maybe add a bit more contrast too. Otherwise, I think it's a really good pet portrait.

The shed fur on the pillow is distracting to me, specifically on the outline of the dog on the pillow. You can see that it's not clean.

Up the exposure a bit, you're close to losing detail in the dog's face on the right side of the photo.

But props for having a dog that will pose like that for you lol :thumbup:

Hmm, bring up the brightness just a little bit, is the sofa gray? The pillow is so funny and your dog is so cute, why so serious! :love: Maybe add a bit more contrast too. Otherwise, I think it's a really good pet portrait.

Yeah, I think that it may be a WB thing because the futon is more brown than grey. I played with that a little

The shed fur on the pillow is distracting to me, specifically on the outline of the dog on the pillow. You can see that it's not clean.

Up the exposure a bit, you're close to losing detail in the dog's face on the right side of the photo.

But props for having a dog that will pose like that for you lol :thumbup:

I will work on the fur later (I am getting tired now), but i played with the contrast...

Here is the edit.

4549697542_209e13eb59_b.jpg

Not contrast, exposure.

I've done an edit, if you'd like to see it, but your profile says not to.

Let me know.

Not contrast, exposure.

Let me know.

yeah, post it up! (I will change my info...)

Ok first I am not an expert at all. But the pillow is drawing my eye away from the dog constantly. Is there a solid color back to it that might work better. I like the general feel of the picture but that pillow keeps taking my eyes off the dog. Its the same size same line to the dog. Very regal looking dog though. German short hair pointer?

Yes, she is a German Shorthair. I could try again without the other pillow behind her ar maybe with some different positioning...

I just think that its in a way competing with her as your main point in the picture. Now all she needs in a blingy collar lol. Sorry I love bling on female dogs. Well I love bling period haha.

Lol, that's a good idea. I wish that we had a bling collar for her.

I think if you had a neutral colored pillow add a blingy collar. Go down to one pillow or none even would be a beautiful minimalistic picture. Anyways regardless she's gorgeous. Im a vet tech during the day so I love dogs.

Not contrast, exposure.

Let me know.

yeah, post it up! (I will change my info...)

Okey dokey,

This isn't perfect, more to emphasize what I meant.
4549697542_209e13eb59_b.jpg

dogcouch1.jpg

Masked 1/2 the face, increased brightness a bit, added more dramatic catchlights in the eyes, fixed the dirty pillow. Like I said, I took it a bit too far to show you what was done, but it's not hideous. Give it a try on your own and make it how you like.

It still has a hard shadow under the right ear, but I think it adds depth to her face.

Thanks! I need to get better with photoshop!

Most reactions

Back