Pet Portrait?

Thanks eveyone. Turns out my screen needed recalibrated. Personally I much prefer the pose in 1.

Nevermore: you are maybe picking up my cheat, I didn't manage to get catchlights in both eyes in the original so I duplicated the catchlight.

Here's my latest version after I recalibrated my screen. I've brigtened it, added a small curves adjustment and toned down the vingette

Lilly V1.2 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Nice i like the Scottish touch with the plaid

Much better!

Well done! I did not mind the darker, more-vignetted look though--it had an old-school, traditional look to it, whereas the newer, lighter look feels, well, brighter and more lively, more "airy", and is perhaps a better match for a light-colored dog.

Thanks Derrel, the newer one is more what I had on my screen at the time, possibly if she was a bit older I'd tend towards a bit darker but the new one is more what I had in my head. She's a liveley and playful pup who always runs to the door and wants to play when you come in the door so lighter suits her a bit more. Its also closer to the way I see her

It was shot at the top of the stairs with the main flash bounced on the wall to camera left and slightly in front of her. A second flash was set up out of shot camera right between her and the background to provide a slight bit of cross light. She was played with before and given treats every third or forth shot and I stopped when she had enough. So a bit of eveyone's advice was used here.

Real nice job :headbang:

I'd really like to see how #3 looks with the same adjustments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back