Pet Portraits

IMG950381.jpg

I hope you rubbed that belly!

it's impossible not to.

I don't think these are in here, this is our dear Miss Gabby, we lost her last spring.
I was outside puttering around and I saw her come around the corner of the house, closely followed by this little one.
That year we had one Momma raccoon visiting the feeder and she had two babies. We never saw Momma again and the other little guy had a wounded leg, he didn't make it to winter but I'm pretty sure this one is still around.
Miss Gabby fretted until I got it water (it was a SUPER hot day) and after a drink it snuggled up under the flowers in the garden for a good nap. She checked on it constantly and eventually she wandered to the edge of the river with it and watched as it made it's way along the bank.

IMG_3816 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

IMG_3870 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

I don't think these are in here, this is our dear Miss Gabby, we lost her last spring.
I was outside puttering around and I saw her come around the corner of the house, closely followed by this little one.
That year we had one Momma raccoon visiting the feeder and she had two babies. We never saw Momma again and the other little guy had a wounded leg, he didn't make it to winter but I'm pretty sure this one is still around.
Miss Gabby fretted until I got it water (it was a SUPER hot day) and after a drink it snuggled up under the flowers in the garden for a good nap. She checked on it constantly and eventually she wandered to the edge of the river with it and watched as it made it's way along the bank.

Anything like that in our garden would not last long Archie and Rosie would rip it to pieces a cat lost some of its tail last month

by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

MG_3870 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

This post makes me happy :lovey: (except for the part about losing Miss Gabby :( I swear, I am such a sap. The thought of losing a pet always makes me weepy. So does the little guy with the wounded leg.)

That's impressive! I would've expected for that coon to tear up the dog .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary, I kinda like that she was a gentle giant, 80lbs of loooove ;)

Lenny (I've decided I'm calling you Lenny, I read a thread where you said it was what some call you and I've called you that in my head since lol ;) ) I often keep reminding myself that it's the cycle of life when these things come up. We got to watch the little ones grow over the summer, they hung around the house and did ok, always together, at the end of the season we found the injured one had passed away in a shed, I guess Momma was taken too early and with the injury it just couldn't make it to hibernate. On the happy side I'm almost positive that this little one made it, she's a girl and had babies last year :) She has a bit of a lighter coat so she is easier to pick out.

Mach0, it's just a baby, it's Momma brought them to the feeders every day and I'm pretty sure they lived behind the house under a shed so the little ones were acclimated to Miss Gabby and felt no threat from her, heck, the squirrels used to sneak around her when she was sleeping on the deck lol even saw one run OVER her once!! She was such a gentle creature.

My grandfather's cat Rocco. He's handsome but man is he a PITA. Rocco has a brother named Rollo and a sister named Silvia who has cataracts and is nearly blind but she's the sweetest cat. They're hilarious to watch play.

13095921465_0384aaf151.jpg

A few from today

Started with the big goofy puppy

And a smaller goofy puppy

And 2 wet puppies

Most reactions

Back