Phil

nitefly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rawmusicians.com
One of my mates Phil.. Took this at school for media on a Canon Powershot I think, it's not mine anyway..

philnw2.jpg

I like how the colours appear muted and how the blades of grass frame the subject. Nicely done.

nitefly said:
And thats why i dont post here anymore.

??? You mean the lack of replys? A bit of patience. Less than 2 hours isn't bad. Give it day or two.

Anyway... about your photo... I think Rob addressed most of the things I wondered about, such as a closer crop... maybe move the subject from the center of the frame... a touch of vignetting?

Pete

Attachments

• $philnw2.jpg
    $philnw2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 96
It's a good idea, but that lighting is just really harsh...unless that's what he was going for...then that's another story. Also, I think that there's just too much blurry grass! It really takes away from what the focus is suppost to be...the guy sitting there. I took the photo into Photoshop:
1. cropped it
2. blurred the background a little more to bring focus to the guy
3. I cloned out some of the distracting grass elements
4. Shadow/Highlight
5. contrast
6. green shift for a more "grungy" look

Hope that helps!!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...img509/7048/philnw2editen5.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

bowronfam3 said:
It's a good idea, but that lighting is just really harsh...unless that's what he was going for...then that's another story. Also, I think that there's just too much blurry grass! It really takes away from what the focus is suppost to be...the guy sitting there. I took the photo into Photoshop:
1. cropped it
2. blurred the background a little more to bring focus to the guy
3. I cloned out some of the distracting grass elements
4. Shadow/Highlight
5. contrast
6. green shift for a more "grungy" look

Hope that helps!!

I really really like that.. Cheers for your efforts :)

I like it, nice composition and agree that cropping the bottom off help, IMO the softness give it old film felling

116-philnw.jpg

he looks really mad... is there a back story to this one?

Most reactions

Back