Philadelphia - PA

anton980 said:
Are you a motorcycle fan, Lorilye? I've been very tempted to get into it lately :)

As the Jamaican Jerk Hut - never actually eaten there, but since you are so fond of them, I'll stop by sometime!

Yes, actually I am. My husband, myself, and our friend run a motorcycle accessory shop in Bristol. My husband is also a Motorcycle Saftey Instructor of the state. We also have a forum online www.cycleforums.com.

As for the Jerk Hut, they ROCK.... hope you like spicy :lol:

Hi guys! Its great to see all the replies here! Unfortunately, this week promisses to be really really busy with all the work we've gotten, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to schedule anything till next week. If anyone would like to throw some suggestions out, however, that would be great!

Hmmm seems about the same for me. I've got high school mid-year exams next week that I should study for. But what about weekends? Most weekends actually I won't be free, but this coming one I might, and it will probably be good to take a break from studying and take some photographs :). But there's no real rush to meet up anyway.

Weekend should be good, actually! Unless boss will want me to work more, but I doubt it. Well, since I'm new to photography and to Philadelphia as well, I dont really know of any interesting places to go. The only thing that comes to mind is the Boat House Row (I think that's what it's called?). Any ideas?

That's a nice place. Maybe the art museum too. I don't know if you're familiar with the waterworks (link), which is near boat house row, and right in back of the art museum. It's a really neat-looking place, especially in the afternoon. Plus therer's a trail from there that leads down along the Schuylkill river. Or maybe another nice meetup place would be Rittenhouse square, with all the people that go there. And that would be pretty close to the two of us, although I don't know about anyone else who might be interested in meeting up.

Sure I'm familiar with Waterworks! It's that little museum, right? We're doing a job for them right now, some fish animation.
Now that I think of it, any place in center city would be interesting to photograph, especially once they change the lighting scheme from white to something more interesting. So, lets make some plan, and hopefully it wont rain this weekend. :) I'm still up for boat house row, by the way!

Museum? I don't think it's a museum. Though maybe it is. I thougt it's just a scenic place maintained by Fairmount Park. I could be wrong. Anyway... Kelly Drive / Boat house row sounds pretty good, and the waterworks are right by there too anyway. Maybe it would be a good idea to check out the whole parkway. At least from Logan Circle to the Art Museum. The Rodin Museum, Franklin Institute, a park, and other places would be along that way. I don't think Rittenhouse Square is far at all from Logan Circle, either. Then the waterworks and boathouse row would be right there by the Museum. So maybe like a @ rittenhouse square, go to Logan Circle, and head towards boathouse row? Or would that be a little too much to do in one day?

Edit: I have no idea how new / unfamiliar you are to philly, but I went ahead and drew on this map to show all the places I'm talking about in case you possibly don't know where they are hehe :)
Map.jpg

Hi everyone! Looks like it will be raining on Saturday, but Sunday - party cloudy with very little chance of rain! Good news for us! Anyone still interested in going out for some photoshoots?

If it's just the two of us, we should still go. I might bring a friend along, he's into photography as well. Lets shoot for Sunday night if you dont mind - Saturday looks busy for me.

Hello again! Looks like I definately will be working before 3, at 3 and after 3, untill I finish the assigned part of the project. I'm still going to be free in the evening, so Unimaxium or anyone else wishes to get out and shoot some photos, please let me know!

Anton

Most reactions

Back