Philippine Nightjar (Caprimulgus manillensis)

dolina

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Philippine Nightjar (Caprimulgus manillensis) by alabang, on Flickr

The Philippine Nightjar (Caprimulgus manillensis) is a species of nightjar in the Caprimulgidae family. It is endemic to the Philippines.

Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, subtropical or tropical mangrove forests, and subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.

Source: Philippine Nightjar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Location: University of the Philippines Diliman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not bad, but it appears to be a bit dark - underexposed. Not sure what the technical details of your exposure or metering were, but it you can share them, then someone may be able to suggest some changes to help you.

WesternGuy

Hi Western,

Thank you for the comment. I purposefully underexposed the image as the nightjar, being a nocturnal bird found on grass, is really mostly browns and blacks. I have another shot whose exposure was bumped up by a stop or two but it wasnt an acurate representation of the subject.

Full EXIF can be found on the link.

Exif | Philippine Nightjar (Caprimulgus manillensis) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Below are some local youths helping me spot the Philippine Nightjar at the Faculty Center in front of Landbank.

The nightjar was sleeping on a mango tree. Thankfully the branch was unobstructed.

Junior Bird Spotters by alabang, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back