Phoenix Botanical Gardens

AutoEuphoria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Just a few shots from my trip out to AZ...we stopped by the botanical gardens. They have a massive collection of Dale Chihuly's glass sculptures throughout the gardens, as well. Hope you like the pictures!

On a pedestal:

IMG_0807Retouched.jpg

Glass Cactus:

IMG_0759Retouched.jpg

Blue Sky:

IMG_0786Retouched.jpg

Pure Desert:

IMG_0834Retouched.jpg

Lonesome

IMG_0941Retouched.jpg

Everything Ends

IMG_0980Retouched.jpg

Desert Ice

IMG_0988Retouched.jpg

Desert Heat

IMG_0969Retouched.jpg

Oasis

IMG_1036Retouched.jpg

Blue

IMG_1040Retouched.jpg

Sorry it's all very amateurish...I'm still very much learning. Comments welcome!

Rest of the album available here:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v613/AutoEuphoria/Trips/Phoenix 09/Gardens/?albumview=grid

The color is so different, it looks like it's selective color.

I think Lonesome is the best. Was that slightly desaturated? I'm guessing so because that's what it looks like. Fantastic. All of them

~Michael~

Thanks! It's a number of things...yes, that picture is desaturated on everything but the green spectrum. I shot in RAW with a polarized filter...I increased the saturation on the blues in some pictures to bring out the color in the sky (blue sky picture actually didn't need much...the sky was that blue already just with the polarized filter). Little adjustments here and there, a bit of sharpening...some contrast work...shadows and highlights. Not really a whole lot of any of them, but together they work really well. I was amazed at how they came out because, as I said, I'm really very new to all of this.

Most reactions

Back