Photo 101 Help

bassanity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im stuck and need some ideas from the masters here (anyone any everyone). I was assigned to photograph something "round, edible, nauseous, familiar, strange, and personal". There are no strict guidelines, and the subject can be shown through one print of each, one photo with all included, or anything inbetween. The instructor said that our prints were too literal and to do the task over. What would some of your ideas be?

er... i hate to be first, and usually i wouldnt even put any ideas here, but after reading this a few times, i just keep getting this shot...so...

my first thought was a chick...with out clothes(that would be personal..), but put fruit on her belly, and slice open oranges, for her breasticles.. (boobs, sorry..) and maybe cherries a bit lower..(that would be the round edible familiar)and then for the nausea part i would have either slugs crawling toward the fruit...or maybe spiders or flies or something kinda gross....crawling on the fruit...but use a bunch of leaves around her, and friut, to the point it was more artsy than naked... maybe even cover her first with a dark cheese cloth, like a mummy or a lighter one like just a cadaver...or leave her naked-ish, and place all the fruit on her very artsy, maybe even lay her on a mirror... or just do a cross section of her, like from under chin to above belly button-ish..

just a thought. spur of the moment...kinda thing.... ( i'm ok..the drugs will take effect soon....oh, look, a butterfly...) i know, heres my hat, whats my hurry..? (btw, so not in with the masters here, but i know them..!!)

I'd go for the all-in-one shot. I could have weeks of fun with that.
The art would be in the composition.
Just spend 5 or 10 minutes making lists:
All round things
Things you can eat
Things that make you sick
Etc.
Then throw the lists away* and come at it from another angle.

Example:
Overhead shot.
Start with a round dish.
Half-eaten chocolate bunny.
Cigarette stubbed out in it.
Pair of your underpants and a pair of someone else's.

Anything to stop you combining things? Your underwear is both familiar and personal...
Get the idea? You have to sneak up on these things from behind - and your tutor obviously wants obscure so add humour.
See if you can make a number of visual puns and jokes.

*Doing this will focus your mind whilst cleaning out the obvious.

aprilraven said:
er... i hate to be first, and usually i wouldnt even put any ideas here, but after reading this a few times, i just keep getting this shot...so...

my first thought was a chick...with out clothes(that would be personal..), but put fruit on her belly, and slice open oranges, for her breasticles.. (boobs, sorry..) and maybe cherries a bit lower..(that would be the round edible familiar)and then for the nausea part i would have either slugs crawling toward the fruit...or maybe spiders or flies or something kinda gross....crawling on the fruit...but use a bunch of leaves around her, and friut, to the point it was more artsy than naked... maybe even cover her first with a dark cheese cloth, like a mummy or a lighter one like just a cadaver...or leave her naked-ish, and place all the fruit on her very artsy, maybe even lay her on a mirror... or just do a cross section of her, like from under chin to above belly button-ish..

just a thought. spur of the moment...kinda thing.... ( i'm ok..the drugs will take effect soon....oh, look, a butterfly...) i know, heres my hat, whats my hurry..? (btw, so not in with the masters here, but i know them..!!)

I actually thought the exact same thing. :lol:

BadRotation said:
I actually thought the exact same thing. :lol:

now i am thinking you might should consider therapy.... :lmao: if your thinking like me, one of us should be worried.....

i really love hertz idea too...thats pretty cool....i wanna see what you get, ok???

Most reactions

Back