Photo Assignment - Fireworks

We went to a small community fireworks show last weekend. There had been a storm about 2 hours before it began, so the sidewalks around the lake were muddy. After almost going camera first into the mud a couple times, I decided it wasn't worth it. So I watched the fireworks for about 15 minutes, obsessing over taking pictures. In the last 3 minutes of the show, I yanked the camera out of the bag, scrambled to get it on the tripod, and only got about 3 shots.

BDW2.jpg

.... sitting here making a powerpoint of all these wonderful fireworks images so I can project them next year in my living room and avoid the crowds ....

I just need a little gunpowder to add the smell of the event ... digging out my copy of the 1812 Overture to dub in ...

Wow! All of those photos look stellar! I'm very glad to see that fireworks was finally posted as an assignment!

Here's my bunch from the Canada Day fireworks in the tiny town of Medicine Hat. The whole show was only 10 minutes... and was rather messy, but I still managed! =)

_IGP2010.jpg

_IGP2001.jpg

_IGP2003.jpg

_IGP2007.jpg

Enjoy!

This was my first year trying to shoot fireworks. Sadly I was really far away from the action, but I got to see dozens of displays from several miles away. It was fun, but not photographically fantastic.

2638578232_4bfca8ed27_b.jpg

2638577658_28bda108ca_b.jpg

hossmaster -- I love that one -- very different! Don't let my son see it :)

Nice work everyone! Some really great shots in here. I can't believe I didn't photograph a single firework this year. :(

... looks around to see if he has a sparkler he can bring to the meetup for MissMia

Most reactions

Back