Photo Backpack help

mapgirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm finally tired of going out on a hike and not having the right lens with me. So I've been researching photo backpacks and not making too much headway. I'd been thinking about a Lowepro or a Tamrac based on what I'd read but the store I could get to (none close by) didn't have a lot of choices. I did discover that the Tamrac Evolution 6 seemed too small and the Evolution 8 too large. I know myself, and if the pack is too bulky, I won't bring it.
Anyway, I've got a Canon 60D and would want to carry my 60mm macro, 17-85mm, and my 70-300mm along with lens hoods and various odds and ends. I would not be carrying my laptop but I would have my tripod.
I'd rather not go above $175 (and prefer lower
redface.png
). It's the Northwest, so rain is an issue. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW

I have it and love it. Not too small, not too big. Room for other sh*t

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Lowepro Trekker - space for one body and three lenses & speedlight / four lenses and a big "miscellaneous" area above.

I've got several bags and backpacks of different sizes, but these days I'm pretty happy with the ThinkTank belt/holster/harness system, and it's become my go-to system for carrying and using my gear when in the field.

I can re-configure it from outing to outing with whichever holsters and pouches I want in order to take just what I need, and everything is accessible to me while on the go without taking it off my back, unzipping, digging around, having stuff fall out, zipping it back up and slinging it back up on my back to get back to shooting. It's a very handy system.

I especially like the harness on days when I've got it loaded with more pouches/weight because it distributes the weight on my shoulders and hips like a good backpack, but again, I don't have to drop it off my back to access anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back