Photo Blogs

yogibear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everybody,

Ive been looking into recreating my blog site for awhile now. Id like something that focuses less on the words and more on the images. However Id also prefer not to eliminate the ability to have text only posts.

Curious if anyone has any suggestions for sites or programs that are nice for photo/text blogging. Most of the sites Ive checked out only allow me to host small images that dont really flatter a good picture.

thanks!

I use a free Wordpress blog
Overread’s Weblog

I the have small images in the blog which direct link to larger versions - with all the images (small and large ) being hosted on my flickr account. That way I can show people larger versions of the shots, but without having to take up a lot of space in the blog page. It allows for an easier to view and manage page and also for faster load times for viewers.

Hey everybody,

Ive been looking into recreating my blog site for awhile now. Id like something that focuses less on the words and more on the images. However Id also prefer not to eliminate the ability to have text only posts.

Curious if anyone has any suggestions for sites or programs that are nice for photo/text blogging. Most of the sites Ive checked out only allow me to host small images that dont really flatter a good picture.

thanks!
You can do pretty big images on Blogger. They give you access to the CSS code so you can change a couple of the parameters to allow bigger images. Familiar with CSS?

Photoblogs are very different beast from regular blogs.

Check out Pixelpost.org. They create the Pixelpost software, and have partner deals with hosts. All you have to do is deal with images for a low monthly fee.

Also, Wordpress.org has a lot of photoblog templates, but they need to be hosted somewhere. Wordpress.com (Same group, the hosted business) has only one template. It's free though, but you'll want to buy the upgrade package for more storage space.

If you have about $6 per month to pay for hosting, and maybe $8 a month for a domain name, you can use WordPress. There are many photblog templates you could use, or you can create your own photoblog by installing one of the many plugins made by WordPress developers. In my opinion, this is a good way to go.

Photo blogs usually have high bounce rate as there is no essays or prose for the viewers to stagnate.

The images are images for 10 second glance...

If you have about $6 per month to pay for hosting, and maybe $8 a month for a domain name, you can use WordPress. There are many photblog templates you could use, or you can create your own photoblog by installing one of the many plugins made by WordPress developers. In my opinion, this is a good way to go.

A domain should not cost you anymore than $10 bucks a year...

Godaddy.com is great. I have been hosting my sites on their servers for close to 4 years now. I have never had a single problem.

I pay $5 usd/month (or thereabout) for hosting and $9.99/year for the domain name. I have 10GB of storage and like 5GB of bandwith.

I definitely recommend WordPress, I just switched to it a few months ago and have used it to "build" my entire site. Also, there are a TON of free themes/plugins to make a photoblog.

I use blogspot- it is free and I have customized mine so that the photos are big and so on.....

Plus, I try to make my blog fun- I post my photos, cool videos I find on the web- stuff like that. My blog is very image and video heavy and I keep the text, for the most part, at a minimum.

Most reactions

Back