Photo Challenge February '11 - "Self Portrait"

cannot include a camera reflected in the mirror! See the rules above.

Tom, I hope you know that with posting that picture in the thread you do not participate in the contest?

Tom, I hope you know that with posting that picture in the thread you do not participate in the contest?

I read all the rules. I can't submit it anyway according to the 'mirror' rule, although, strickly speaking, a mirror didn't play any part in recording this image (except for the use of the frame).
I hate rules!!! They are so restrictive. But you didn't want to know that, right!

Sometimes rules can be used to make the creative in you come up. If there are no rules and limits things can get boring.

I assume the rule was made to prevent these kind of crap pictures
Thanks for the critique, Neils. Very informative. I'll keep in mind all you have said to assist with my creativity. One wouldn't want to get bored.

Why can't they be a previously posted one? I have a great one but it's already been posted, but i'd love to use it..

If its previously posted, then everyone knows who the photograph belongs to. In order for the challenge to be fair the photographers have to be anonymous during voting...

Let me know how that works out, exactly. You know, because many people have a self portrait for their avatar, and have posted shots of themselves in other threads. Anonymous:lmao:

Pretty sure if you shave it all, nobody will recognize you Bitter :lmao:

Why can't they be a previously posted one? I have a great one but it's already been posted, but i'd love to use it..

If its previously posted, then everyone knows who the photograph belongs to. In order for the challenge to be fair the photographers have to be anonymous during voting...

Let me know how that works out, exactly. You know, because many people have a self portrait for their avatar, and have posted shots of themselves in other threads. Anonymous:lmao:

Pretty sure if you shave it all, nobody will recognize you Bitter :lmao:

RAWR!

Just to be clear, I understand that there are circumstances where the reflection of a camera will appear in an image no matter how hard you try to exclude it. What I definitely don't want is anything that looks remotely like that one of CCNO's above - that is the real no-no. Use a mirror if you need to by all means, but work out how to keep the camera out of sight - it can be done. By way of an example, these are two of mine, both involve mirrors; one would be allowed, the other not.

OK

Not OK

See the difference?

Well we're doing pretty good on entries this month, but competition is going to be tough. There are 38 fully compliant submissions, only one that hasn't got the file size right and not a single camera to be seen. Keep it going...

a mirror didnt record his image. your new here worry about your image :)

I still haven't come up with anything worthy of submitting ... but I still have a few days...

Most reactions

Back