Photo Challenge: January '11 "Adventure"

I'm a newb to photography and this site but I may attempt this challenge just to better myself if anything.

The prize for the winner of the vote, as always, will be a $25.00 Amazon voucher courtesy of the TPF owners.

I don't think they give out awards anymore as I have yet to receive my Amazon $25 award for Novembers "communication" contest and it has been over a month ago?

PM me your mailing address and we will get this out to you!

I received my Amazon $25 award for Novembers "communication" contest on Jan 17th. Better late than never! :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Great challenge, I feel like I need an adventure right now.....I might just have to submit a photo from adventure's past!!

Great challenge, I feel like I need an adventure right now.....I might just have to submit a photo from adventure's past!!

"Shoot specifically for the Photo Challenge - don't go raiding the archives, that is not a challenge!"

I haven't entered one of these in forever... Should be fun... Good luck everyone!

OK, the deadline date has now passed, so no more entries. I'll go take a look at what's come through the entry door. The February Challenge will be along shortly.

As an aide memoir for next month, can I point out that:

1) Zip files are not an acceptable method of bypassing the file size restrictions and will not be processed.

2) File sizing can be achieved as follows using Photoshop:

1. Use Ctrl + Alt + I to get to the image resize dialogue (or Mac equivalent) - set the longest side to something between 600 to 800 pixels
  2. Choose File | Save As
  3. In the dialogue box, select the JPEG file format option, choose a name to save the file as, click OK
  4. On the next dialogue box, adjust the quality setting down, until the indicator shows a filw size of less than 150Kb, click enter
  5. Submit the photo to the competition
3) You do actually have to attach the resulting image to the email.

Do you ever say a month ahead what next months will be?

I'm going to try and come up with something for this challenge.

Most reactions

Back