photo class

Ive been thinking about joining NYIP, I had the outline sent to me but the literature looks a bit dated. Not to say it has old information cos when it comes to lighting and such that doesnt really change, but Id be interested in knowing how much you two are getting out of it :?:

karalee,

i too thought the material was a bit dated, but they do have information that is pertinent still. Its the basics that no one really studies anymore. I was kinda skeptical about getting the materials, but now i love them!

md

MDowdey said:
karalee,

i too thought the material was a bit dated, but they do have information that is pertinent still. Its the basics that no one really studies anymore. I was kinda skeptical about getting the materials, but now i love them!

md

I think it was your turn now to take the words out of my mouth :)

I asked this on another string but I'll repeat it here. Has anyone taken the program from Canada? I see it's administered through a school called "Quality of Course" and I was just wondering if run well. :scratch:

Walt said:
I asked this on another string but I'll repeat it here. Has anyone taken the program from Canada? I see it's administered through a school called "Quality of Course" and I was just wondering if run well. :scratch:

Walt, I did see your query in the other thread, but I have absolutely no clue about the Canadian program.

Hope you would get some info from some of the NYIP students here.

One fineal question from me on the NYIP. Do the teachers/professors really give good feedback or is it all "hey you are the greatest" type stuff?

LizM said:
One fineal question from me on the NYIP. Do the teachers/professors really give good feedback or is it all "hey you are the greatest" type stuff?

no they will tell you if your crap sucked.

md

Never tried to use it. Seemed to cheesy to me. Then again, I never seem to escape work long enough to see anything interesting enough to try it.

Never tried to use it either. Have you MD?

Worked pretty good for me the few times I used it. It was actually one of the assignments when I took the course, but that was about 10 years ago. Nowadays your organization has to make arrangements for you, sometimes you have to take a class or orientation before the event, and then it's multi level wristbands from there on out.

I got myself into the front gates and pit area of many national drag racing events here in AZ and CA with just a "I'm with the NY Monthly" while showing my credential. Got into the pits at the Reno Air Races once and the launch area at a balloon fest here in AZ after I signed a waiver.

With security and liability today I'm surprised they're still doing it. Are they still showing the Space Shuttle picture as the main example?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back