Photo Contest Public Display

hydroment

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. I need help on building mobile a gallery display
My wife is hosting a photography contest this June in conjunction with a Route 66 Festival. The contest is open to all armature photographers of all ages. This is the second contest she has put together. The first was shown in a local hotel where we had wall space to display the pictures, but this time we do not have such a luxury. My dilemma is that I am to construct or suggest for purchase stands, or racks of sorts upon which to hang the pictures for display in the local high school. There will be vendor booths along the walls so her displays will be toward the center of the floor. We would like to keep the cost of the displays down to around $1 per picture. We are planning on a 2 sided display, probably in 4 foot sections with 3 rows. This will give a total of 9 pictures per side and 18 total. We are also planning on around 200 entries.
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to construct these or where to purchase?

Any input will be appreciated.

By the way, the contest information can be viewed at, www.fullspectrumimaging.org

I can be reached at [email protected]

Thanks,

hydroment

You could build something quite easily with some 2x4's and plywood. It just depends how "nice" you want it to look and how much time you've got on your hands.

We are hoping to have something fairly nice, presentable you might say. Also something that would not be too heavy or complicated for my wife to set up. Storage is the last concern. I have time to get it together, about a month and a half.
The current idea for the display is to use PVC pipe and fittings (painted) with clips screwed along the bars to hold the entries. It will be light weight and will break down to fit in a fairly small space for storage. It will also be modular of sorts in that it could be set up as small as 4 feet long or as long as you wanted to add sections.

Thanks
hydroment

Most reactions

New Topics

Back