photo contest(s)

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
i found a flyer on one of the bulletin boards in the photo department yesterday and thought some of you might be interested in this contest.

it's the 24th annual college photo contest sponsored by nikon and photographer's forum magazine. you can get an entry form and other information about the specifics from that link. it hardly costs anything to enter and you have a chance to win money and equipment, not to mention you could have your work published.

now, the website says:
Photographer's Forum Magazine
also Sponsors Two Photographic Contests:

· One in the Spring for the General Public
-- Best of Photography Annual --

· One in the Fall for College and High School Students
-- Best of College Photography Annual --

so evidently the "college" contest isn't limited to actual college students, but is open to high school students as well. and i'm a little confused about the link they give for information about the contest that's open to the general public since it links you to the information for the college photo contest. i think they goofed. :? i'll try to figure out what the story is there and i'll get back to you guys.

anyway, submit some stuff! it'd be fun!

thanks man. but, im taking it this is an american thing?? it doesnt say anything about what residents can apply for it. I dont want to send in my images and money and them say, "uh oh..too bad...and we cant send it back..sorry man"

well, i'll see if i can get a more concrete answer to that here in the next couple of days, but i know their site says this right above the links for the contests:

Established in 1977, Photographer's Forum Magazine is an award-winning quarterly publication dedicated to quality reproduction of photography in the United States and Canada. Each issue strives to facilitate communication and publication experience among emerging professionals.

so i would imagine the contests include canada. plus, the entry form i have here mentions that you should send a self addressed stamped envelope for them to return your prints so... i assume they'd send them back to you if for some reason they decided you weren't eligible.

Bob,
I like the Tri-X pretty well. Also love the Portra 400UC, which is what I ordered the 5 free rolls of. Anybody else tried this film yet?

thanks carlita! :)

ill have to try and see what happens! lmao

Most reactions

New Topics

Back