Photo Contest

tjman92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello all! i entered a photo contest and it seems as if the voting is happening on Facebook. It happens that the entries are promoting their own photos by telling their friends to vote. As it happens, I don't have many Facebook friends, so my photo is far behind the others even though some of the other photos do not compete. I don't mean to sound conceded, but the photo that is in first makes me wonder why. So please go to Facebook, search the Minnesota Zoo, go to pictures, and like your favorite photo in the 2011 contest photos. this is the link to my photo if you all are interested.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...6431778788.367736.136257148787&type=1&theater

I wish you're voting well. Please look at the other photos and don't just vote for mine because i requested it of you.

It would seem that way. And quite unfortunately I have fallen far behind. I thought it to be a legitimate contest put on by the MN Zoo and the National Camera Exchange.

Yikes. 250 people "like" the blurry, and motion blurred dolphin photo. The other seahorse has 248. You got a long way to go, but yes, your image is better than dolphin blur.

Thank you very much. I was hoping that putting the story on here would help the contest gain popularity.

It is rather interesting how the contest is run. The first round non-public folks choose the images for the facebook voting (I think it's zoo employees not sure). Then they ask for votes on FB in each category to decide category winners. From that National Camera decides the overall winners.

I can't get to FB from work, but I'll go tonight, I believe I already voted in that category, it may have been your image!

I entered this contest too, mine is in the "Tropics" category, the "monkey" with the green branch looking at the camera. It looks like it is doing well so far. But I do feel like you and wonder if someone with more friends on FB will come from behind and rally their troops.

Now I'm anxious to get home tonight and check out your image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back