Photo contest?

EmilyElaine4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new to this whole site. What is the photo contest thing? I have my own photography page and I use my Sony Alpha a390.<3 :) i'm very intrested in this.

I'm new to this whole site. What is the photo contest thing? I have my own photography page and I use my Sony Alpha a390.<3 :) i'm very intrested in this.

Anyone interested in doing this...

A-Z..each week beginning with A. Then B, then C etc. Week #1 You post an image and give it a title beginning with A. Other particpants do this too. End of the week (actually, say Friday 23:59 forum server time) posting ceases and 48 hours of voting begins (i.e voting phase is Saturday 00:00 and Sunday until 23:59). On Monday 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place is totalled up and given. You can vote for each choice...week #2 ..process repeats. Title words can be in your own native language, as well as english.

Welcome!
To start here's a few tips on how to survive on TPF.
-If you post photos for C&C, be prepared to be "offended". People here are trying to help you improve.
-If you ask questions like "why do i have to know what shutter speed, aperture and ISO are?", expect people to laugh at you (by means of emoticons).
-be nice to others.

The most active photo contest is the TPF fight club. basically you have an hour to take 5 photos according to the topics given. You can find more information on the TPF fight club page itself.

Welcome to the site!

What photo contest are you referring to?

Ugh. I'm an idiot. :lol:

I read everything from the "Active Topics" tab so I failed to notice where you posted this. :lol:

I don't know much about the monthly contest... just that it exists, haha. Perhaps in this specific subforum there are rules posted somewhere? I dunno.

i think the world of camera is going to be very different from our current DSLR's in the not

too distant future.

At first, I didn't get the contest, but as I read the following thread in different discussion, I found out what you really meant. I have passion to join with this contest. Is it available at this time? Please, let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
I read everything from the "Active Topics" tab so I failed to notice where you posted this. :lol:

Most reactions

Back