Photo contests?

Melissa Royal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,
I'm wondering what websites are out there for photography contests.
I'm aware of ViewBug and Pixoto, however, I'm looking for others.
I don't have a DSLR yet and can't afford one for about another four or five months,
so I'm looking for a website that doesn't have contests for like professional photographers
or at least people who have professional gear. I have a Canon Powershot SX20is right now.
Also looking for winning money or photo gear (broke college student here lol).
I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you! =)

P.S,
Preferably free to enter or at least low entry fees.

My local fair has a contest with a whole page of divisions. top prize is $10.00 and a blue ribbon. I tried it in 2011 for the first time and got 0.00

If you want to win local fair photo contests you should be submitting photos of kids, or kittens, or horses. All three in one shot has a good chance of getting you a buck or two and a coloured ribbon.

Hello everyone,
I'm wondering what websites are out there for photography contests.
I'm aware of ViewBug and Pixoto, however, I'm looking for others.
I don't have a DSLR yet and can't afford one for about another four or five months,
so I'm looking for a website that doesn't have contests for like professional photographers
or at least people who have professional gear. I have a Canon Powershot SX20is right now.
Also looking for winning money or photo gear (broke college student here lol).
I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you! =)

P.S,
Preferably free to enter or at least low entry fees.
Go here: All photography contest and competition news 2012 » Open Photo Contests & Competitions 2012

You can browse a bunch of different photo competitions there, and you can sign up with them to get emailed updates on new contests and competitions as they become available.

Most reactions

Back