Photo / darkroom on order

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Put an offer on good sized Colonial style house. It is just over 3x the size we are currently living in now, not even including the basement or finished attic in the new house. The kitchen / dining in the new house is larger than the entire first floor of the house we rent now (almost the whole house).

So I can spread out my photo stuff instead of stuffed in a little 5' x 6' area off the dining area.

Oh, yea. Has a 1 1/2 car attached garage. And a 12 car (yes 12 car garage) about 100' from the house. Sitting on 3 acres.

So she gets the huge open kitchen and dining women types long for. And I get the 2,400 sqft garage that I just drool over having. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Put in an offer our realtor suggested and sent $1,000 as promisary. Will know after the holiday.

Sounds awesome. Hope you get what you want!!
But what's promisary? I hate paying for someting I don't own yet (and not knowing for sure if I will ever own it).

pascal

Basically have to give them some money to put in escrow to say you really want to buy the house. Not just kicking the foundation for fun. If house does not meet certain criteria I can get it back. But if I decide that I change my mind, probably loose it. It goes towards the purchase price once the sale goes through.

Sounds great! I don't wanna spook it by congratulating you ahead of time so I'll hold the congratulatory notice until the deal comes through.

Mitica100 said:
Sounds great! I don't wanna spook it by congratulating you ahead of time so I'll hold the congratulatory notice until the deal comes through.
same here. Oh and thanks for your answer Benhasajeep. That makes more sense...;)

pascal

First offer was counterd with a whopping $900 off asking price. Second offer $5000 higher was accepted. We went up 5, they came down 4,900.

Think I should have held out for another $50?? :)

So now have to get all the inspections, and other house buying stuff done. Looks like Feb 1st or so closing.

So when can we see pictures of this mammoth garage?

Ok, here is the house and garage / storage building.
825941_101_12.jpg

big_barn.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back