Photo edit, need opinions.

Sinister_kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well while in Mexico on vacation, there was a wedding on the beach in front of my hotel and I decided I would take some pictures and then offer them up to the bride and groom after they were done with the reception.

I just recently got CS5 and have been working with their pictures. I'm trying to figure out if I should leave the sky as I shot it:

EntireCeremonyresize.jpg

Or as photoshop edited it (I used auto tone after selecting the entire sky):

EntireCeremonySkyEditresize.jpg

Opinions please!

I like the edit a lot better. The unedited one looks kind of like a big white mess imo.

I agree the edit is better, but the white balance is still off and it could use some fill light

It's very cold and tipping over quite a bit. The leaning over tenty thing totally ruins the shot for me. And if you straightened that, then the strong horizon line of the chairs would then be tilted the other way. With shots like that have so much symmetry already built in, you really need to get it perfect, or they always look bad. Or it needs to be artistically way off. The worst is almost symmetrical. With this kind of shot, you really need to be standing dead center, shooting straight down the aisle. If you're slightly to one side, the shot will never line up right, and no amount of cropping and tilting in post will make it look normal.

The edit looks better to me. I like the pinkish cloud tones. As stated, you always need to watch the levelness of the horizon!

It's very cold and tipping over quite a bit. The leaning over tenty thing totally ruins the shot for me. And if you straightened that, then the strong horizon line of the chairs would then be tilted the other way. With shots like that have so much symmetry already built in, you really need to get it perfect, or they always look bad. Or it needs to be artistically way off. The worst is almost symmetrical. With this kind of shot, you really need to be standing dead center, shooting straight down the aisle. If you're slightly to one side, the shot will never line up right, and no amount of cropping and tilting in post will make it look normal.

I was right down the isle, just a ways back. The whole setup was crooked and the "tenty thing" :lol: was unlevel from the get go. I couldn't really help that fact. I do need to adjust the WB a bit though.

get a circular polarizer, this will eliminate any photoshop in the future

Most reactions

New Topics

Back