Photo Editing software

brendatn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which software whould you recommend for photo editing? I am wanting to get a new laptop and want one that will meet my needs the most. On my computer now I have an older version of Photoshop and Photo Elements. I work only the basics with Photoshop. I downloaded Lightroom trial but it didn't have the clone tool and other tools. I have an Sony Alpha 300 camera.
I want something that I can use as I learn more but not overwhelmed at first. Thanks.
(I ride horses alot. I feel like sometimes my questions on this forum are like asking me.."now where do you put the quarter in a Quarter Horse?")

Which software whould you recommend for photo editing? I am wanting to get a new laptop and want one that will meet my needs the most. On my computer now I have an older version of Photoshop and Photo Elements.

Since you are familiar with photo elements and just do basics, just get yourself the latest version of photo elements. It should be more than enough.

I downloaded Lightroom trial but it didn't have the clone tool and other tools. I have an Sony Alpha 300 camera.

Lightroom does have clone and other photo editing tools. I do 90% everything in lightroom because the workflow is so fast but there is a learning curve. You'll need to dedicate some time and effort to learning the software. If you are used to photo elements and have limited time, just stick to elements.

Lightroom does have clone and other photo editing tools. I do 90% everything in lightroom because the workflow is so fast but there is a learning curve. You'll need to dedicate some time and effort to learning the software. If you are used to photo elements and have limited time, just stick to elements.

agreed!

There is a really good podcast/website http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/ which was my saving grace with lightroom... when I first got it, I just did the very basic stuff, but the podcast created by the people who host that site is amazing, and teaches you so much stuff about lightroom... it completely changed my workflow (for the better)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back