Photo editing software

dinuka_lk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Which photo editing software do you use to add spice to your digital photographs? I use GIMP and love it. I like using GIMP to create banners, avatars and other things using my photographs.

musicaleCA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lightroom and Photoshop. I have Topaz Labs', Nik Software's, and OnOne's plug-ins too, all of which I find invaluable.

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Lightroom and Photoshop for me as well. I could never get much out of the gimp's impenetrable interface...took me forever to do anything!

musicaleCA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
If you have PS, don't bother with GIMP. You get more with PS. ;)

mrs.hutch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
i have photoshop essentials 7.. i like paint shop pro as well.. i found that psp is much easier to navigate than ps, well for me anyway

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
Lightroom 2, Photoshop CS4 Extended, Noiseware Pro (Imagenomic), Photomatix Pro (hdrSoft), Color Efex Pro (Nik Software), GML Matting, Topaz Adjust and Detail, and numerous plug-ins and actions.

I have more but most are specialty apps.

Rekd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
amusingscribe.com
Photos OK to edit
Gimp and Irfanview (IVIew). Gimp has been able to do everything I've done in my years with Photoshop, but it's free. There are plugins that make it more like photoshop, but IMNSHO, the learning curve for Gimp is easy for Photoshop users.

GoMommiePhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I use picasa and picnik for now but I have been trying to teach myself Photoshop. I have several books and several videos yet I still find (Photoshop) very intimidating! Any suggestions for overcoming learning curve issues?

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Give PaintShop Pro a try... It's so much cheaper than Photoshop, but I've not yet run into anything it can't do that PS can in my 30 day trial...

Rekd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
amusingscribe.com
Photos OK to edit
Give PaintShop Pro a try... It's so much cheaper than Photoshop, but I've not yet run into anything it can't do that PS can in my 30 day trial...

Wow.

I used PSP years ago when I was also using PS. I can honestly say I have NEVER heard anyone compare the two as equals on any level. :lmao:

Not saying it's a bad product. I'm sure it does the basics very well. But so does PS.

Most reactions

New Topics