Photo Editing

Aedai

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've searched and I can't quite find what I'm looking for. Is there a place on the forum that talks about photo editing?
Mainly for Photoshop, but I recently acquired Lightroom so that works too.

Right now I'm trying to figure out effective ways to edit nature shots / animal shots. I'm awful at overdoing it / underdoing it.

Well, you could post some images up and ask for critique, or you could check out sites like Adobe.Tv for free tuturials straight from Adobe. ;) Another great free resource is YouTube, but if you don't already know what you're looking for it's easy to get lost, or end up following people who themselves don't really know what they are saying. For a few dollars you could sign on for a month of KelbyOne and watch tons of tuturials about landscape/wildlife photography; both shooting and editing. Or you could sign up for a year (the discounts are often worth it themselves :) )

One good channel on YouTube would be Phlearn, check them out, you won't be disappointing.

Here is the forums area strictly for discussion of editing software:
Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery

Maybe you can post a few examples of both your edits and unedited originals so others can give you guidance and/or advice.

That's the exact link I was looking for! Thank you!

I do have some threads open as well, but I might need to ask some program-specific questions soon and wasn't sure where to post!

If you are looking for actually modifying the image Phlearn is great. I subscribe and watch all of their videos.

However if you are looking for basic WB, exposure, contrast, whites, blacks, noise reduction, and things of that sort I would recommend you just taking some pictures and finding your own style.

At the same time you need to know the basics to getting the proper exposure, but other than that just go with what you think is best.

Just my .02

Most reactions

New Topics

Back