Photo Fee for an iPad iTextbook app?

eric_rosenwald

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in the process of starting a photography business. I'm new to this, but I've done a good bit of research. However, most of the information i've come across refers to more traditional publishing options.

I was recently approached by an iPad iTextbook creator. He found a photo on my Flickr account that he'd like to use in a new iTextbook app, and offered to pay for the non-exclusive usage of a single photo of mine. He also said that I would be given credit in the photo caption, as well as in the book credits/footnotes.

He is currently selling a similar iTextbook app for $19. It's been out for less than a month and only has about 10 downloads.

I have no idea how much I should charge. The free photo fee calculators I've come across online suggest anywhere between $150 and $300. Considering how few downloads the similar book has received, I think that might be too much to charge...

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Charge between $150 and $300 for 12 months of use.

Let the App developer worry about making any money from the app, or not.
If the app has only been available for a month there is no way to judge how much growth in sales there may be.

The app developer expects your image to help sales.

Charge between $150 and $300 for 12 months of use.

Thanks for the advice! As far as the actual contract goes... I have several options. Should I find some sort of pre-made form, where I basically personalize it, or just draft one myself? Should I have him sign it, scan/fax it back to me? How would you specifically handle this kind of licensing contract with someone you're not working with in-person?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back